Ep 3. Let’s Start Giving Mental Health the Attention it Deserves w/ NewView Collective
Shannon Grant and Len Cohen are the founders of an award winning club at George Brown College, NewViewCollective. NewView facilitates weekly mental health support group meetings run by students, for students. This initiative was created as a means of providing an additional and accessible mental health resource on campus, as many students don’t feel comfortable with the idea of one-on-one counselling. NewViewmeetings have become a go-to for many of these students, and it has grown into a supportive and interactive community widely recognized across the college.
- Normalizing the conversation
- Isolation when struggling
- Understanding that every situation is unique
- Taking control of your mental health
- Finding support and knowing you’re not alone